RITZ Mock-Apple Pie
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 10 servings, 1 piece (110 g) each.
- [heading] FILLING
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 30 Ritz Crackers
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 425-g pkg.)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- [heading] topping
- 25 Ritz Crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Filling: Mix water, granulated sugar and cream of tartar in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Add crackers; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust as directed on package; fill with cracker mixture. Sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Topping: Combine all remaining ingredients except whipped topping; sprinkle over Filling.
- Bake 15 min. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 20 min. or until golden brown. Cool. Serve topped with whipped topping.
Experience real apple pie flavour in this irresistible pie without the apples. Not only is it fun to make, but it's sure to please the entire family.
Dessert can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Prepare using light whipped topping.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|