Grilled Mexican Corn & Avocado TRISCUIT Toppers
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 6 topped crackers (72 g) each.
- 1½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder, divided
- 1 small ear corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 48 Triscuit Original Crackers
- 1 fully ripe avocado, coarsely mashed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, cut into 24 thin slices
- Heat barbecue to medium heat.
- Mix oil and 1/8 tsp. chili pepper powder until blended; brush onto corn.
- Grill 10 to 12 min. or until corn is tender and evenly charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise and remaining chili pepper powder. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut kernels off corn cob. Spread crackers with avocado; drizzle with lime juice. Top with corn and cheese.
- Cut pepper slices in half; place on topped crackers. Top with mayonnaise mixture.
Look for Cotija cheese in the deli section of your grocery store. If you can't find it, you can use shredded Parmesan cheese instead.
Omit the chipotle chili pepper powder. Mix 1/8 tsp. regular chili powder with the oil before brushing onto the corn and grilling as directed. Substitute 1/4 cup chipotle mayonnaise for the regular mayonnaise mixed with the chipotle chili pepper powder.
Substitute 3/4 cup guacamole for the mashed avocado.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|