Layered Roasted Chickpea Dip with WHEAT THINS
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 3-1/2 cups dip or 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dip and 11 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, divided
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- Wheat Thins Crackers
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss 3/4 cup chickpeas with 1 Tbsp. oil; spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 5 min. or until chickpeas are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Process remaining chickpeas with yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. of the remaining oil in food processor 1 min. or just until blended; spread onto bottom of serving dish.
- Top with roasted chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cheese and mint. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
- Make Ahead
The dip ingredients can be prepped ahead of time. Refrigerate the roasted chickpeas, chickpea mixture and chopped vegetables in separate containers up to 24 hours before using to assemble dip as directed.
Substitute quartered pear-shaped or cherry tomatoes for the chopped tomatoes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|