OREO Black Cat Cookie Balls
Prep time40 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 2 cookie balls (48 g) each.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 2 pkg. (225 g each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 12 Mini Oreo Cookies, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. multi-coloured sprinkles
- 1 Tbsp. candy-coated chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. mini candy button eyes
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip balls, 1 at a time, in melted chocolate, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet. Immediately decorate with cookie pieces and remaining ingredients to resemble cat heads as shown in photo, securing pieces with remaining melted chocolate if necessary.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
With their built-in portion control, these holiday treats can be enjoyed on a special occasion.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted chocolate. Then, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until firm. If chocolate becomes too thick, add up to 2 tsp. shortening to each 450 g of chocolate.
If chocolate becomes too thick, add up to 2 tsp. shortening to each 450 g of chocolate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Trans fat 0.2g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|