Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 2 caterpillars (104 g) each.
- 3 stalks celery, divided
- ⅓ cup garden vegetable soft cream cheese, divided
- 8 Ritz Crackers, cut in half
- 8 small grape tomatoes
- 1 baby carrot, cut into 16 thin strips
- Cut 64 thin slices from 1 celery stalk; set aside. Cut EACH of the 2 remaining celery stalks crosswise into 4 (3-inch-long) pieces. Trim rounded sides of celery pieces to allow celery pieces to stand level when placed on plate.
- Reserve 1/4 tsp. cream cheese for later use. Fill celery pieces with remaining cream cheese. Insert cut sides of 2 cracker halves into cream cheese in each celery piece, overlapping slightly as shown in photo, for the caterpillar's body.
- Add 4 celery slices to each side of EACH caterpillar's body for the legs. Place a tomato at one end of each caterpillar for the head, then add 2 dots of the reserved cream cheese to tomato for the eyes. Add carrot strips for the antennae.
Substitute your favourite flavour of hummus for the cream cheese.
Substitute thin fresh chives or green onion strips for the carrot strips.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||15 %DV|