OREO Rainbow Doughnuts
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 18 servings, 1 doughnut each.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 10 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- Food colourings
- 1 Tbsp. multi-coloured nonpareils or sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended; spoon into 18 doughnut-pan cups sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full. (If you only have 1 pan to make 6 doughnuts, use 1/3 of the batter to fill doughnut-pan cups and bake doughnuts as directed. Repeat with remaining batter twice to make 12 additional doughnuts.)
- Bake 14 min. or until tops of doughnuts spring back when lightly touched with finger. Cool doughnuts 2 min. Remove from pan to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 sec. or just until softened; stir. Tint with food colourings as desired.
- Dip tops of doughnuts into frosting; sprinkle with nonpareils.
- To Easily Fill the Doughnut Pans
Spoon batter into pastry bag fitted with large tip (or into freezer-weight resealable plastic bag with one bottom corner cut off); use to pipe batter into prepared doughnut-pan cups.
Drizzle tinted frosted doughnuts with melted white chocolate. Or, crush additional Oreo Cookies; use instead of the nonpareils.
- To Easily Frost the Doughnuts
Microwaving the frosting makes it soft enough to easily dip the doughnuts into the frosting. If the frosting begins to thicken before all the doughnuts are dipped, return it to the microwave to microwave for an additional 5 sec. or until of desired consistency.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|